Friday 31 August 2012

Goodbye, "horrible" summer!

We are on our last few days of "summer holidays".  Overall, I think we've had a truly well-rested month -- we did many activities I would consider as exploratory.  For the month of August, I have been feeling quite detached from the academic aspects of homeschooling, that is, until this week.  Even after 7 years, I still suffer from minor back-to-homeschool anxiety....

I mean, surely one cannot feel uplifted if one were constantly surrounded by... Horrible Science:


 

Horrible History:


and Horrible Geography:




This post is linked up to:
1) Homeschool Mother's Journal: August 31, 2012
2) Collage Friday - Mostly Math
3) Weekly Wrap-Up
4) Favourite Resources: August 31, 2012
5) Enchanted Thursday Blog Hop #29
6) All Year Round Blog Carnival: Summer

8 comments:

  1. I have never seen these HORRIBLE resources. Thanks for sharing them , and thanks for linking with Collage Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this line of resources. Where did you find them? Some of them might be perfect for my son. Thank you for linking up to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Horrible books" are series that originated from Horrible Histories series published by Scholastics in the UK. It's very popular here with school-aged children as a funny and unorthordox way to some subjects that are deemed to be too serious in schools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that series either but sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, goodness! I didn't know there was a series of them in OTHER subjects besides history! We haven't read them, but they look like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these but will have to look them up. They look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will have to look for these horrible books.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard of Horrible Histories, but I was unaware that there were Horrible Science and Horrible Geography books...how fun! Thanks for linking up at Favorite Resources and sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...