The Christmas Lunch is perhaps the most important meal in the whole year. Much effort is put into preparing it. Looking at the supermarket shelves in December, there seems to be a whole industry built around the Christmas Lunch. So what exactly is it? As far as I can tell, it seems to be a hugely accesorised Sunday Roast.
This year, our Christmas Lunch menu is as follows:
- Turkey with spiced butter and roasted shallot and sherry gravy
- Roasted root vegetables with maple syrup
- Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and breadcrumbs
- Chestnut and sultana stuffing with sage and thyme
- Roast potatoes with Parmesan
When put on individual plates, the meal looks less intimidating.
For dessert, we have Apple Dessert Cake instead of the traditional Christmas cake. It was served warm with ice cream.
It has been a quiet, relaxing (for the boys) day for us, Just enjoying each other's company and the good food that will last us for the rest of the week.
Hope everyone has had a marvellous day, and are looking forward to a fantastic new year!
This post is linked up to:
1) Look What We Did: December Link-Up
2) All Year Round Blog Carnival: Winter
3) Hip Homeschool Hop - 12/25/12